Write Your Congressman to Vote FOR H.R. 6263 (Commission on Americans Living Abroad Act)

24 Oct

Supporting new legislation for Americans abroad

capitol2.jpgRepresentative Carolyn B. Maloney (D-NY) and two other members of Congress have introduced legislation in the House (H.R. 6263) which would substantially improve the situation for millions of American citizens living outside the USA.

The bill, known as the “Commission on Americans Living Abroad Act” is cosponsored by Reps. Michael M. Honda (D-CA) and Charles B. Rangel (D-NY).

You can help promote passage of this legislation by writing to your member of Congress NOW, before the November elections.  A model letter in available here in text or Word format.

This is from the American Citizens Abroad website. I apologize for not bringing it to your attention sooner, but I just discovered it today. If you change the wording appropriately, you can still send your urging to vote for this bill after the election. It is, in my opinion, a step forward for EXPATS to get a little bit more away from taxation without representation.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: